Talks on Policy, Science & Society, Arts and Humanities
When I was at ICTS, as part of the student collective, I along with Adhip Agarwala, Abha Jeurkar and Abhishodh Prakash used to organise monthly talks on a variety of topics from policy, science - how it affects society and arts.
Through these talks we tried to engage the scientific community in a conversation with specialists in a given field or an issue. These discussions aimed at getting informed, to think and if possible even address pertinent questions that surround us.
The video recording of the discussions can be viewed here: Sthayi Talks
List of speakers and title:
- 2nd March 2018: Prof. T.V. Ramachandra, Ecological disaster in Bangalore with sustained unplanned urbanisation.
- 2nd May 2018: Mr. Leo Saldanha, Beerappa’s angst: Documentary about displacement and damage in Science City, Challakere, Chittradurga district.
- 9th May 2018: Mr. Nithyanand Rao, Mr. Virat Markandeya, INO: The story so far.
- 6th June 2018: Mr. Shilpi Gulati, Mr. Jainendra Dost, Film: Naach Bhikhari Naach.
- 14th September 2018: Prof. Sabyasachi Chatterjee, Higher education: sharing certain concerns.
- 21st September 2018: Mr. David Devadas, Kashmir: uprisings, state responses and geopolitical factors over the past three decades.
- 26th October 2018: Jana Natya Manch, Hindi play: Tathagat.
- 19th January 2019: Discussion with Dr. Suvrat Raju, Documentary: We have not come here to die.
- 6th February 2019: Dr. T.N. Prakash Kammardi, Un-remunerative price, income insecurity, and agrarian crisis - The case of Karnataka, India.
- 8th March 2019: Ms. Lakshmi Parvathy, The journey towards justice (story of formation of transgender welfare board).
- 23th March 2019: Mr. D Raghunandan, Science & Technology and future development of India.
- 30th March 2019: Mr. Somnath Waghmare, The battle of Bhima Koregaon - an unending journey.
- 3rd May 2019: Ms. Aditi Ramola, Global perspectives in waste management followed by discussion with MR. Rajesh Babu on Sustainable waste management practices: issues and solutions.
- 14th June 2019: Dr. Leena Wadia, Highlights of the draft National Education Policy 2019.
- 1st July 2019: Mr. Snehashish Mitra, Citizenship of India, legitimacy in Assam: Unresolved crisis of post-partition borderlands.